AmigaActive (1496/2143)

From:Alan Buxey
Date:22 May 2000 at 23:45:03
Subject:Re: still no ravin' over here

hi,

> ok, i think i'll go psycho on my miggy within
> 24 hours if i don't find what's wrong.
> i changed the 68040 library to all sorts of versions,
> checked the CGXrave.library, removed oXypatcher,
> removed mcp,... what else should i remove... my CPU?
> i still get the 'emulator line 111' error, and tornado 3D is
> giving me some funkey memory errors as well.
> i rerouted the power to my motherboard (again), and scotty
> says he can't give me more powa. Cooling looks fine too.
>
> Is it possible that the latest bios update has anything to do with this?
> it installed with some bumps over here: the first installation failed, leaving
> me blizzart-less and in tears, but after a manual 'forced' installation,
> the whole mumbo-jumbo came back to life.
> --
> wARCo = Wannes Van Causbroeck (2nd year animation at St.Lukas
> Brussels,Belgium)
> A1200T 3.0 blizz 603+ \603e 200\68040 25\/SCSI\/Bvision\48Mb Fast/
> + 17"viewpoint*mustek6000SP*24Xcyberdrive*9gigSCSI*1gigIDE

problem 1) you should just use the latest 040 library from Phase5/DCE
and make sure its installed as the docs say! Ie 68040dummy.library is
renamed etc etc etc

problem 2) OS3.0 I knw lots of people who have PPC problems with 3.0 roms -
you should get 3.1

problem 1 is really giving you the most grief right now - emulator line
errors mean wrong 040/060 handling

alan

eGroups
The easy way to communicate with groups of people.
Start an email group at